1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Hmmm. I...bought a Kindle!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Absolutely not. However, I will endeavor to keep the apartment clean
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Will probably remember opening the bottle of champagne on the bridge in Paris, awkward reencounters with former love interests, my good friend being seriously ill.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Very calm, very drama-free.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Dating remained a total dud...for reals.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh lord in March, I became convinced I had MS because my finger was twitching. As soon as I went to the doctor, and she told me it was prob. caffeine/my typing, I forgot about it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
Um...appalled is pretty strong. I don't think that happened.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I think I was mostly just excited to feel sort of balanced. I did get distraught at different times, though, especially over the summer because life wasn't like I wanted it to be, but then I came back from Paris and things just seemed to all in place--stopped worrying about what I couldn't control and did a much better job managing what was in front of me.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
I felt like Pon De Floor got a lot of play even though its old?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? A little fatter. :(...working on this but it's not going to improve by the end of the year.
iii. richer or poorer? A little poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had had less work at times, but also I need money, so...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
None...BSG was never replaced in my heart.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Villette by Charlotte Bronte
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2012?
I finally enjoyed Bob Marley and his songs started sounding sort of individual to me rather than filed away under reggae.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Ugh...still processing (guys).
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Barely saw any.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31, hamburgers and fries with three friends. And a milkshake!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
"I can't afford new clothes" but I'm trying to be clean.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
?? I can't think of anyone.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Aw :) So many.
36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Not new, but I felt like I really solidified friendship with Mathieu, Maya's friend who is cool. And Benoit, his boyfriend.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
I felt like I really began to internalize that what other people do doesn't affect me most of the time and it takes a lot of effort to keep track of all of it and "care," so I'm dropping a lot of that...have a been dropping.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"How I wish, how I wish you were here"
Secret...I spend a lot of time now thinking what will be the lyric that sums up my year that I will write in LJ.
Here's to 2012! Wish I wrote here more, tho I'm always at www.maya-rock.com/blog, if you want to keep up. I like keeping up with everyone.