1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Had a book published.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Aunt Mary and Grandma Bartlett, matriarchal figures from childhood. Not so close to Greg, but not far, either.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Also enjoyed staying around town.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A relationship--and although I joke about "settling," I would actually really not like to settle.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't have any--this trips me up.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I made significant progress in handling my father's stuff.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Again, I'd have to cite my love life. I decided to take a break from dating or thinking about dating but was kind of hoping something would work out anyway. Nothing really developed.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a lot this year. The Bose speakers are pretty important.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
David came to NYC and as usual made life so fun.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ugh . . . lawyer I have to deal with.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Beginning second book, making progress on it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
"The Hills" by The Weeknd.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I think every year happiness increases as you learn not to rely on external events for happiness, so I'd say I was happier.
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I guess dating.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Goofing around on the Internet.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The House on Fortune Street by Margot Livesy.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Vibed with the new A$AP Rocky album.
28. What did you want and get?
Business was better.
29. What did you want and not get?
Yes, love again.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Piano Teacher. I'll never forget that movie.
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Karaoke at Pulse! A shoe was lost.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Yes, love again.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The solitary prison stuff.
37. Whom did you miss?
Beyond the obvious, Ben.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Tatiana, my bank friend!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Embarrassed to say, as this is belated, but a weekly cleaning schedule rocks.
40. BONUS QUESTION: What were your best meals of the year?
Can't remember--Christmas dinner was pretty good.
41. Other new question: What are you looking forward to in 2016?
Falling in love, finishing my new book.